- What is VivaCore?
- What's the difference between VivaCore and OpenC++?
- What is VivaCore meant for?
- What are licensing conditions of VivaCore use?
- What systems is VivaCore aimed at?
- Are you able to develop a specialized variant of VivaCore or a VivaCore-based solution on a by-order basis?
This paper contains some questions and answers about VivaCore C/C++ code analysis library by OOO "Program Verification Systems".
What is VivaCore?
VivaCore is an open source library for working with C and C++ code. The library is an open design with an open source written in C++. VivaCore is based on OpenC++ library (OpenCxx). One should not mix up VivaCore and some professional multifunctional parsers of C and C++ code. If a user needs a front-end code parser supporting the modern standard of C++ and allowing to create its own compiler within a specific platform, he should regard GCC or some expensive commercial solutions.
What's the difference between VivaCore and OpenC++?
The following improvements are added to VivaCore:
- It supports classical C language.
- A large work concerning support of C++ specific syntax (used in development within Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010) is done.
- It supports some new key words and other constructions which are presented in the new language standard.
- Taking value of literal constants is instantiated.
- The library is adapted and optimized for work with 64-bit systems.
- A large number of errors and defects are corrected.
- A mechanism of initial preprocessing of source text which allows implementing some specific code modifications.
- It supports coding of complex types taking more than 127 symbols when they are encoded.
- A simple design was created for Visual Studio 2010, it displays basic principles of VivaCore library usage.
- We have implemented the support for the standard C++0x at the level it was done in Visual Studio 2010. Now it supports lambda expressions, auto, decltype, static_assert, nullptr, etc.
What is VivaCore meant for?
VivaCore can awake interest of companies and enterprises planning or developing tools for work with a code. Applications in the following fields may be developed by means of VivaCore:
- code refactoring
- common and specialized static analyzers
- dynamic code analyzers
- expansion of C/C++, e.g. for metaprogramming
- automated code testing
- code transformation, e.g. for optimization
- highlight of syntax
- systems of documentation construction by code
- high-precision identification of alterations in the source code or of evolution alterations analysis
- search for duplicated code at the level of grammatical structure of the language
- metrics counting
- coding standards support
- tools which facilitate migration to other software and hardware platforms
- automatic code generation
- code visualizers, systems for building relation diagrams
- code formatting
- automated journaling of program testing results
- other applications
What are licensing conditions of VivaCore use?
VivaCore library is developed by OOO "Program Verification Systems". VivaCore license gives you enough freedom to use, copy, spread and modify it in binary form or as a source code for both commercial and non-commercial use without any royalties. The only thing you need is to specify the authors of the source libraries (OpenC++ and VivaCore).
What systems is VivaCore aimed at?
On the one hand, C++ analysis library is meant for code analyzing without paying attention to specific character of any operation system or software platform. But on the other hand, VivaCore is represented as design for Visual Studio 2010, so the easiest way to fit it out is to do it in Windows environment. Please note that both full and express versions of Visual Studio 2010 are able to be used for build.
Are you able to develop a specialized variant of VivaCore or a VivaCore-based solution on a by-order basis?
Yes, we are.
- VivaCore Library. http://www.viva64.com/en/vivacore-library/
- Andrey Karpov, Evgeniy Ryzhkov. The essence of the VivaCore code analysis library. http://www.viva64.com/en/a/0013/