We used to have the "Scientific Work" web page on our site where we kept record of publications by the company workers in various printed issues, their report at a conferences, etc. These activities are of no commercial value, so we cut their number and stopped keeping record of them. Now we have decided to delete the page itself too as being of no relevance at all. But before doing that I decided to write this blog-post to summarize our scientific work. This post is intended for students who plan to take practical training in our company and is meant to demonstrate that our area is knowledge intensive, so they can choose its subjects for their theses.
Students are welcome! Practical training in our company is interesting and useful!
This post is meant to help us attract students to undergo practical training in our company. We'll be giving the corresponding URL link in letters.
It is extremely important for students that their practical training be useful from the viewpoint of their study. They seek to use it as a basis for preparing a good report at the end of the practical training course and choosing a subject for their future graduation paper, degree thesis, etc.
That's why students are interested to know if our work in this area is relevant nowadays, if they can publish an article or hold a report at a conference on the subject "static code analysis".
The answer is yes, you can. Below are examples of such activities and events we ourselves took part in.
OOO "Program Verification Systems" workers' participation in conferences
- Application Developer Days 2011 (ADD 2011), 29-30 April 2011, St. Petersburg.
- Application Developer Days 2010 (ADD 2010), 23-24 September 2010, Yaroslavl.
- Central and Eastern European Software Engineering Conference '2009 (CEE-SECR 2009), 28-29 October 2009, Moscow.
- Parallel Computational Technologies (PCT'2009), 30 March - 3 April 2009, Nizhny Novgorod.
- Mathematical Methods in Technics and Technologies (MMTT-21), 27-31 May 2008, Saratov.
- All-Russian Student Contest "Computer Program Contest", 22-23 May 2008, Vologda.
- "Lomonosov-2008": International Student, Postgraduate and Young Scientist Conference, 7-11 April 2008, Moscow.
- International Youth Scientific Conference "Gagarin Lectures XXXIV", 1-5 April 2008, Moscow.
- Microsoft Technologies in Theory and Practice of Programming, 1-2 April 2008, Moscow.
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING CONFERENCE (RUSSIA), 1-2 November 2007, Moscow.
OOO "Program Verification Systems" workers' participation in seminars
- Seminar in Tula Developers Community TULADEV. Tula, 24 November 2012
- Seminar in Tula Developers Community TULADEV. Tula, 25 February 2012
- Seminar in MSU (Moscow State University) Research Computing Center, Moscow, 23 March 2009
- Seminar in RAS (Russian Academy of Sciences) Institute for System Programming, Moscow, 7 June 2008
- Seminar in RAS Computing Centre, Moscow, 15 May 2008
- Seminar in Tula State University, Tula, 29 March 2007
Publications by OOO "Program Verification Systems" workers
- A.N. Karpov, A.P. Kolosov, E.A. Ryzhkov. VivaMP, system of detecting errors in the code of parallel C++ programs using OpenMP. Parallel Computational Technologies (PCT'2009): International Scientific Conference Lectures (Nizhny Novgorod, 30 March - 3 April 2009). Published in Chelyabinsk by SUSU (South Ural State University) in 2009, 839 pages.
- Andrey Karpov, Evgeny Romanovsky. Debugging and optimization of multi-thread OpenMP-programs. RSDN Magazine No. 4-2008, pp. 32 - 40.
- A.P. Kolosov, E.A. Ryzhkov. Using static code analysis in software development. TSU Izvestiya. Technical Sciences. Issue No. 3. Published in Tula by TSU (Tula State University) in 2008, 267 pages, pp. 185 - 190.
- E.A. Ryzhkov, O.S. Seredin. Adaptation of the technology of the static code analyzer for developing parallel programs. TSU Izvestiya. Technical Sciences. Issue No. 3. Published in Tula by TSU (Tula State University) in 2008, 267 pages, pp. 191 - 196.
- E.A. Ryzhkov, A.N. Karpov. Approaches to verification and testing of 64-applications. "Informatsionnie Tehnologii" No. 7, 2008, pp. 41 - 45.
- Andrey Karpov, Evgeny Ryzhkov. 20 issues of porting C++ code on the 64-bit platform. RSDN Magazine No. 1-2007, pp. 65 - 75.
- Evgeny Ryzhkov, Andrey Karpov. The essence of the VivaCore code analysis library. RSDN Magazine No. 1-2008. pp. 56 - 63.
- Alexey Kolosov, Evgeny Ryzhkov, Andrey Karpov. 32 OpenMP Traps For C++ Developers. RSDN Magazine No. 2-2008, pp. 3 - 17.
- E.A. Ryzhkov, A.P. Kolosov. Automated System for Error Detection in Program Source Code during 64-bit Software Development (Viva64). Microsoft Technologies in Theory and Practice of Programming. Lectures of All-Russian International Student, Postgraduate and Young Scientist Conference V. Central Region. Moscow, 2008. Published in Moscow by "Vuzovskaya Kniga" in 2008, 272 pages. ISBN 978-5-9502-0354-1, pp. 57-58.
- A.P. Kolosov, E.A. Ryzhkov. VIVA64, a System for Error Detection in Program Source Code during Migration to 64-bit Platforms. Lomonosov-2008: Lectures of the All-Russian International Student, Postgraduate and Young Scientist Conference XV: section "Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics"; 7-11 April; Moscow, Lomonosov Moscow State University, CMC (Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics) Factulty: Theses Collection. Published in Moscow by the Publishing Department of MSU CMC Faculty in 2008, 96 pages, pp. 43 - 44.
- A.P. Kolosov, E.A. Ryzhkov. Viva64, a System for Error Detection in Program Source Code during Migration to 64-bit Platforms. Gagarin Lectures XXXIV. International Youth Scientific Conference Works in 8 Volumes. Moscow, 1-5 April 2008 / Editor-in-chief N.I. Serdyuk. Published in Moscow by MATI (Moscow Aviation Technology Institute) in 2008; Vol. 4, 184 pages, pp. 37-38.
- A.P. Kolosov, E.A. Ryzhkov. Automated System for Error Detection in Program Source Code during 64-bit Software Development (Viva64). All-Russian Student Contest "Computer Program Contest" X: Theses Collection (in the press).
- E.A. Ryzhkov, A.N. Karpov. Using the Static Code Analysis Technology in the Contemporary Software Development Process. // Lecture Collection of the conference "Software Engineering Conference (Russia) 2007 - SEC(R)-2007", 2007, Moscow; pp. 240-245.
Can I defend my thesis on a subject of this area?
Yes, you can. Evgeniy Ryzhkov's thesis is a good example.
In 2009 he defended his thesis for a degree of candidate of technical sciences on the subject "Automated Error Detection with Static Code Analysis during Software Migration to 64-bit Platforms" in SEIHPE (State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education) "Tula State University".
You can find it in the library of SEIHPE "Tula State University" (92 Prospect Lenina, Tula, 300600) or in the OOO "Program Verification Systems" company's office (office 308, 39 Revolutsii st., Tula, 300034).