Viva64 2.20 Release
OOO "Program Verification Systems" company is glad to announce a new release of source code analyzer Viva64 2.20.
This release contain many changes:
- Diagnosis of potentially unsafe constructions is improved. As a result, the number of the code analyzer's "false alarms" is reduced approximately by 20%. Now the developer will spend less time to analyze the code diagnosed as potentially unsafe.
- Help system is amended. It has been extended and new examples have been added. As diagnosis of potentially unsafe constructions is improved in this version Help system has been also supplemented with explanations concerning the constructions which are now considered safe.
- The speed of a project structure analysis is raised. Now the same work is performed 10 times quicker. As a result, the total time of the whole project analysis is reduced.
- C++ template analysis is improved. It's not a secret that far not all the code analyzers understand templates. We are constantly working at improving the diagnosis of potentially unsafe constructions in templates. Such an improvement is made in this version.
- The format of some code analyzer's messages is amended to make it possible to set filters more accurately. Thus now, for example, the analyzer doesn't only inform about an incorrect index type while accessing an array but also shows the name of the array itself. If the developer is sure that such an array cannot cause problems in 64-bit mode at all he can filter all the messages concerning this array's name.
To learn more about Viva64, see here.