Free PVS-Studio license for Open Source
The PVS-Studio team loves open-source projects. If you are working on such projects, we are ready to provide you with a free license for one year with the possibility of annual renewal.
You can read more about the initiative here.
The free license cannot be applied to the following types of projects:
- commercial (the author profits from the project directly or indirectly);
- owned by organizations (the project has a corporate profile on GitHub and/or other ownership types);
- developed by organizations (financing and/or hiring developers);
- mirrors and forks (for example, copies of projects that do not meet these conditions).
The PVS-Studio license for Open Source is intended for personal creative projects. This license allows the author to accept donations from their community.
If your project meets the licensing conditions, then you need to follow 2 simple rules to use the license:
- Mention PVS-Studio in commits and Pull Requests. This rule applies only to commits in which you fixed the issued found by PVS-Studio. For example, you can leave the following comment: "Fixed issues found by PVS-Studio";
- Add the following Markdown markup fragment to README.md:
## SAST Tools
[PVS-Studio](https://pvs-studio.com/en/pvs-studio/?utm_source=github&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=open_source) - static analyzer for C, C++, C#, and Java code.
This rule applies to all projects where PVS-Studio is used. If you already have a section with a description of the tools used for code quality control, you can add the fragment there, keeping the link and the description.
If your project doesn't meet the conditions for the Open Source free license, or if you want to evaluate our product first, please request a trial license.
To get a license for your open-source project, please fill in this form: