Collection of interesting resources on C/C++ programming
- C++ as large as life
- Interesting blogs
- Floating-point arithmetic
- Various programming tricks
- Character encoding and control characters
- Coding standards
I constantly study the Web regarding new articles on C/C++/C++11 programming. If I find them interesting, I post links to them in twitter @Code_Analysis, on Reddit /r/Viva64 and like them on StumbleUpon. If you are present on one of these websites, I invite you to follow me. You will find a lot of interesting articles in time. To get you interested, I decided to create a small selection of materials.
First of all, of course, I would like to recommend you our viva64.com website. There you can find a lot of articles and blog posts regarding development of quality code. For example, I invite you to see 28 lessons on developing 64-bit software in C/C++.
For the purpose of convenience I have arranged the links into several subjects. Enjoy reading.
Note. Usually we wrap links to manage their integrity. I wrote about this brave fight against chaos in the article "d'Artagnan and Internet, or working on the problem of bad links". Unfortunately, I will give direct links this time. These materials will significantly enlarge the link base, which means that we will have much work to do in case the articles are moved.
C++ as large as life
- A large list of famous projects developed in C/C++: C++ Applications. How can anyone say that C++ is becoming extinct after that?
- Computer Language Benchmarks Game. As usual, Fortran, C and C++ languages are the leaders regarding performance. And it will hardly change in the nearest future. If you are developing resource-intensive software, the C++ language will be most probably the best choice.
- Why is C++ still a very popular language in quantitative finance?
- Why do they program in C++?
- 9 reasons to start using C++11
- What Every Computer Scientist Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic
- Tricks With the Floating-Point Format
- Stupid Float Tricks
- Comparing Floating Point Numbers, 2012 Edition
Various programming tricks
- Bit Twiddling Hacks
- Table-driven methods with no relocations
- Reduce Compilation Dependencies in Large Scale C++ Projects: Factory Pattern
- Exceptions in C with Longjmp and Setjmp
- Catching Integer Overflows in C. Article N1
- Cool C Tricks
Character encoding and control characters
- Unicode, UTF-8 and all that: An intentionally incomplete character set introduction for hasty C programmers
- What the xxxx Is UTF-8? A Character Encoding Primer.
- ASCII Characters
- Control character
- The UTF-8 Everywhere manifesto
- Reddit: Cpp, C_Programming.
- Facebook: C++ Programming, For the love of C++, C Programming, Visual C++ Developer, C Plus Plus (C++)
- LinkedIN: C++ Community Group, C++ Developers Forum, C++ Developers Group, C++ Professionals